An enthusiastic, reliable and self motivated individual is required to join our existing multi-discipline EC&I team. You will be responsible to design good quality control systems for our products in line with international and industry standards.
The role also requires you to provide support to the EC&I Engineers & Mechanical Design Engineers with respect to the design of products to international and industry standards (cGMP & GAMP).
You will also actively promote the use of Telstar standard product design to effect production efficiencies and cost saving.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the right individual will have a dynamic approach, possess a good level of commercial acumen, be able to effectively develop and present technical options, communicate effectively at all levels and have a strong EC&I engineering background.
1. Execute the required duties in accordance with the pharmaceutical industries current Good Automated Manufacturing Practices (GAMP).
2. Liaise with Mechanical Design Engineers to effect full integration of EC&I requirements into the overall project.
3. Attend client meetings as required to expedite the running of the project and ascertain the required information to fulfil EC&I designs.
4. Global Travel to carry out site work when required.
5. Production of HMI & PLC software and Software Design Specifications where applicable.
6. Attendance to internal contract meetings to report on the progress of the project and other relevant issues relating to projects
7. Produce P&ID schematic to show the extent of the control element of the project using current international or company standard symbology.
8. Produce Functional Design Specification for the controls element of projects. In order to explain the operation of the system and establish a baseline design document when required.
9. Assistance in compilation of traceability matrix to show compliance with client’s specification.
10. Compilation of Instrumentation schedules for instruments used on projects
11. Compilation of electrical schematics, site cabling detail and termination drawings for the full EC&I element of the project when required.
12. Compilation where required of ATEX File.
13. Compilation of BOM and ERP requirements to provide accurate and detailed specifications for procurement for the EC&I element of projects when required.
14. Be contractually aware in order to identify project change with respect to commercial implications, and instigate when necessary.
15. Produce test of protocols and support all Pre-FAT and FAT activities.
16. Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
Design of electrical and pneumatic control systems.
Industrial Machine Controls System Design.
HMI & PLC programming skills.
Knowledge of standards for safe and hazardous area electrical designs.
Use of a CAD package for designing electrical circuits
OEM experience & manufacture.
Design of electrical controls.
Use of a CAD package to design controls
HMI & PLC programming skills
Design work for Pharmaceutical Industry.